Nominating Committee Meeting Goals, Preparations, and Expectations
Click Here for the 2020 Elections Nominee Master Spreadsheet.
- Approve Associate Nominees created by Associate Members.
- Create and maintain the required balance of Building Contractors, Highway-Utility Contractors, Heavy Industrial Contractors, and Specialty Contractors to be presented as a ballot.
- After two (2) contractors are elected per division, have a remaining seventeen (17) contractors to be considered for the eleven (11) Member-at-Large vote and six (6) appointments.
Preparations and Expectations:
As the committee, you can prepare for and run the meeting as you see fit. Historically, it goes something like this:
- Become familiar with AGC’s elections process by reviewing AGC’s Bylaws and AGC’s Policies and Procedures
- Become familiar with AGC’s Board of Directors Job Description
- Review All AGC Members Report
- Review AGC’s Associate Ballot discuss and approve final nominees
- Approve contractor nominees.
- Considerations the following when approving nominees:
- Thea will create a final list of committee approved nominees which historically consists of
- Previous year board members
- Member nominated members
- Committee nominated members