Build Alaska: Works
'Works' is the division of the Build Alaska podcast that focuses on one skilled labor position per episode. They provide a roughly 15 minute overview of a trade in the words of an individual who makes their living in that industry. If you'd like to be featured on the podcast, please contact Kimberley@agcak.org.
1. Mixer Truck Driver: Travis Pippin - Anchorage Sand & Gravel
2. Painter's Union Representative: Bronson Frye - Painters & Glaziers Union, Local 1959
3. Environmental Engineer: Shawn Trasky - Crouse Environmental Compliance, LLC
4. Aggregate Manager: Phil Elmer - Exclusive Paving
5. Traffic Control Supervisor: Cheryl Venechuk - Exclusive Paving
6. AKOSH Training Coordinator: Elaine Banda - Alaska Occupational Safety & Health
7. Executive Manager: Larry Bell - National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
8. President: Carrie Jokiel - ChemTrack Alaska, Inc.
9. UAA Culinary School - Tosha Quiett
10. Quality Asphalt Paving - Kris Jensen
11. Zenith American Solutions - Skeet Black
12. Alaska Works Partnership - Alexis Cowell
13. EXCEL Alaska - Martha Peck
14. Alaska Carpenters Training Trust - Frank Mucci
15. Christian Muntean - President, Vantage Consulting
16. Apprenticeship Coordinator Local 302 - Adam Ferguson
17. Christine White, CPSM, Communications Manager, R&M Consultants, Inc. on Social Media
18. Ray Jensen, SkillsUSA
Build Alaska: Legacy
'Legacy' is the division of the Build Alaska podcast that focuses on the achievements of the individuals that helped build Alaska through the years. These are long-form interviews that focus on the changes in the construction industry and Alaska within the lifetime of the person being interviewed. If you know someone who should be interviewed, please contact Kimberley@agcak.org.
1. Mike Harned
2. Forrest Dunbar - Anchorage Assembly Member
3. Ron Pichler - Denali Drilling, Inc.
4. John Shively - Pebble Partnership Chairman
5. Beki Kelly - Alaska Resource Education
6. Gary Klebs - Klebs Mechanical
7. Dick Engebretson - Aurora Construction Supply
8. Darl Schaaff - Art Services North
9. Roger Hickel - Roger Hickel Contracting, Inc.
10. Governor Wally Hickel - Historical Interview
11. Carlos Gomez
12. Henry Springer - Historical Interview
13. Bruce Campbell - Historical Interview
14. Glen Chambers - Historical Interview
15. Pete Casper - Historical Interview
16. Mike Heatwole, Pebble Partnership
17. Christian Muntean - Vantage Consulting on Exit Strategy
18. Mike Swalling, Swalling Construction Co., Inc.