Board Development Committee
Meeting Goals, Expectations and Supporting Documents
- Create and maintain the required balance of Building Contractors, Highway-Utility Contractors, Heavy Industrial Contractors, Specialty Contractors and Associates to be presented on the ballot.
- After two (2) contractors are elected per division, have a remaining seventeen (17) contractors to be considered for the eleven (11) Member-at-Large vote and six (6) appointments. After six (6) associates are elected, have a remaining three (3) associates to be considered for board appointments.
Expectations and Supporting Documents:
As the committee, you can run the meeting as you see fit. Historically, it goes something like this:
- Become familiar with AGC’s elections process by reviewing AGC’s Bylaws and AGC’s Policies and Procedures
- Become familiar with AGC's Board of Director's Chapter Handbook which includes:
- Board Job Description
- Board Responsibilities & Expectations Presentation
- List of AGC Committees and participating members
- Review AGC Member Nomination Survey results
- Review the comprehensive Committee List for other potential nominees
- Consider the following when approving nominees:
- The AGC Approved Board Nominee Tracking will be updated throughout the meeting based on those approved.