AGC Board of Directors Nominees
The mission of AGC of Alaska is to advocate for our members and the Alaskan construction industry; to provide educational opportunities for our members; and to make the public aware of our members’ skills, responsibility, and integrity.
AGC's Board of Directors is made up of good-standing members who support AGC's mission and goals and devote their time, effort and wherewithal to AGC business. This responsibility includes service to the board, attending board meetings, and active participation on chapter committees, the lifeblood of our organization. We are honored by the wealth of knowledge, professionalism and dedication presented by our Board of Directors.
AGC Board of Directors Duties and Responsibilities:
Click here for the Board of Directors Orientation.
Click here for the Board of Directors Job Description.
Attend Board Meetings
- April General Board Meeting - AGC Fairbanks Office (3 hours).
- November General Board Meeting - Captain Cook Hotel Anchorage (3 hours).
- Meetings are in person without a call-in option.
- Participate in AGC events.
- Attend and encourage others to participate in AGC activities.
- Financially support AGCs events and encourage others to as well.
- Help advise the Executive Board on important issues.
- Participate in a AGC committee(s). AGC of Alaska relies on board members to serve on committees which help to define and implement the internal and external priorities of the organization.
- Help educate and inform the public and policy-makers about construction industry issues.
- Financially support AGC, PAC at the national and the state level.
- Submit comments and testify on development issues; including issues of a broad resource development perspective.
- Work to advance legislation and regulations that lead to a healthy construction industry and responsible economic development.
- Highlight your AGC affiliation whenever possible
- Refer new membership prospects and help with follow-up
- Executive Board Officers are elected by Board Members
For more information, contact Thea@agcak.org
Submissions are closed for 2020-2021 Board nominees. All submissions will be considered for 2021-2022.
Want to submit your name or another AGC member to be on our Board of Directors? Email Thea@agcak.org with “Board of Director Nominee” in the subject line. The Nominating Committee reviews all nominees.